It’s Tasty Tuesday!
Here is my favourite banana bread recipe. I prefer to use chopped almonds and add a whole lot of chocolate chips, and this makes for a delicious snack!
Student's Banana Bread
Another great banana bread recipe
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- chocolate chips (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven @350F.
- Grease a bread pan with butter or oil.
- In a large bowl, incorporate all dry ingredients (including nuts and chocolate chips) except the sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs and mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, adding the orange juice. The mix should be more consistent than cake batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes (make dry toothpick test to ensure cooking is perfect).
- Cut into 1/2 inch wide slices.
- You can substitute 1 cup flour for 1 cup whole-wheat flour (you may have to add more orange juice to obtain desired consistency)
- Eat as is or toasted in the oven.
Ideas To Play With https://ideastoplaywith.com/