I had already bought an avocado and didn’t know what to do with it. So I let my mind rolling and decided yesterday to come up with my own variation of the RW’s recipe.
It was so tasty my husband asked for more! It was also a great “Meatless Monday” meal, and quite cheap to make since I had some of the ingredients in the garden.
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 bag (12 or 16oz) of pasta (you can use gluten free)
- 1 ripe avocado (or more)
- 1 red onion chopped
- 20 fresh Kalamata olives cut in half
- 3-4 large garden fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbs butter (optional)
- 2 tbs fresh basil
- 2 tbs fresh oregano
- 2 tbs fresh lemon thyme
- Boil pasta as per directions. Set aside
- While pasta is cooking, cut the onion, the olives and the tomatoes.
- Clean and rince the fresh herbs.
- Put in a food processor along with ripe avocado and milk. Blend.
- In the same pot you boiled the pasta in, melt butter and sautéed the onions.
- When onions are cooked, add the sauce, the tomatoes, the olives and 1/2 the shredded cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a little Asiago shredded cheese and serve.
- Was so easy to make I even managed to prepare my toddler's food at the same time!