It’s been a while since I’ve made a Tasty Tuesday recipe. Well, as you know, I’ve been busy. But here’s my new find.
Last week I noticed that my basil plants were getting better and bigger. I decided to make my first batch of homemade pesto.
As I am not one to follow recipes and guidelines, I wandered around my small garden in search of inspiration, looking for a spinoff on a great pesto recipe.
Here’s what came out of my head. It was the most delicious and tasty pesto I had eaten in a while, so I will definitely make another batch soon. I only have to wait until my basil plants have grown a bit!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 green onions
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese (or asiago, or romano)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup fresh lemon thyme
- Put all grossly chopped ingredient in a pot or blender
- Mix together until well blended.
- Put on your favorite cooked pasta and eat.